Home » Food
Category Archives: Food
I’m planning to return to blogging now. For a while, I’ve felt unsure what to blog about, but now I’m going to try to get some ideas out and see how it goes.
For this post, I’ll just share a picture I took of some good food.
This is Hangari Bajirak Kalgooksoo restaurant in Koreatown, Los Angeles.
- Hangari (항아리) is spelled and pronounced hang-a-ri (not Han-ga-ri) because the first syllable comes from Chinese 缸 (gāng), meaning a jar or container for liquid. Hangari means “jar.”
- Bajirak (바지락) means clam.
- Kalgooksoo is nonstandard Romanization for kalguksu (칼국수). Kal means knife, and guksu means noodles, so Kalguksu means knife[-cut] noodles, akin to Chinese 刀削麵 (dāoxiāomiàn).
The red part says “Hangari” and the black part says “hangari kalguksu. ”
- I recommend this place.
- The kimchi were fresh, and everything was tasty.
- I must have had +40 clams in my soup. If I went back I would order mixed seafood.